If you're a diehard Harry Potter fan (and let's face it, who among us isn't?), you'll probably be leaping for joy at news of the latest Starbucks concoction to hit stores. No longer will you be forced to choose between a vanilla soy latte or a caramel frappuccino, because after we reveal which new flavor is entering the menu we're certain your decision will be made up.
Brace yourselves... Starbucks is coming out with a Butterbeer latte. That's right: butterbeer. As in that wonderfully delicious fictional drink that Potter and his friends gleefully imbibe on a regular basis when they take trips to Hogsmeade.
Although the sweet and creamy "beer" is simply a figment of J.K. Rowling's magnanimous imagination, Starbucks is giving Muggles everywhere the opportunity to test it out for themselves (that's right, you no longer need to trek out to the "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" for a sip) this fall.
All you have to do is request a "Butterbeer Frappuccino" or a "Hot Butterbeer Latte," and be ready to have your tastebuds treated. If your barista isn't cool enough to know the recipe off the top of his/her head, we've pasted below the recipes for the iced and hot beverages below so you can have them handy to show. We hope you have a magical November collegiettes!
- Ask for a Creme Frappuccino base. Don’t skimp on the fat by asking for skim or 2% milk, as whole milk is required for the right consistency
- Add 3 pumps of caramel syrup
- Add 3 pumps of toffee nut syrup
- Top with caramel drizzle
Hot Butterbeer Latte
- Whole milk steamer
- Add Caramel syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Add Toffee nut syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Add Cinnamon Dolce syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Whipped cream and salted caramel bits on top (or creme brulee topping if you prefer)
- Optional if you prefer to add a coffee taste: Add a shot of espresso (2 for a grande or venti)