Valentine's Day, also known as Singles Awareness Day, is here. Some girls are preparing to celebrate the day with their significant others, while the rest of us are beyond ready for February 15th, Chocolate-On-Sale Day, so we can treat ourselves. It's important to note that being single doesn't automatically mean we're lonely. Take it from the independent, free-spirited Phoebe Buffay. You don't have to be in a relationship to enjoy life. You make your own happiness.
1. You can let your phone die without the worry of your SO trying to get ahold of you
Your friends probably know you're just binge-watching Friends and not lying dead in a ditch somewhere.
2. You can flirt with whomever you want
You can date around or not date at all. The choice is all yours.
3. Sweats all day, every day
The only person you have to impress is yourself.
4. You don't have to feel guilty for not spending enough time with your friends
The perks of a nonexistent partner.
5. More time for yourself
Whether you enjoy Netflix and curling up in bed with cozy PJs or sitting in your tub with a good book, you have more time to unwind and do something that makes you happy for you and you only.
6. There's more time for self discovery
Join a book group, go ziplining, do any new activity you've been wanting to try but haven't had the time or energy to do. Use this free time to your advantage and you may just learn something about yourself along the way.
7. Trashy television shows
The Bachelor, Keeping Up With the Kardashians, you name it. Any show that would send a guy running, you can binge to your heart's content when you're without an SO.
8. You save money
There's no need to worry about anniversaries and planning something special for your partner, a gift or a surprise date.
9. You control the TV remote
Chick flicks, reality shows, whatever you're into, you're in charge. There is truly no greater luxury than this.
10. You get to treat yourself any time you want
Depending on yourself means there's no possibility for someone else to disappointment you. That new purse you've been eyeing for a month? Girl, buy it for yourself. You deserve it.
11. The freedom to participate in no shave November any month out of the year
Although you can totally do this even when you're in a relationship (your body, your choice), there's more incentive to let your hair grow. No one's going to see it anyway.
12. Cuddles from your pets are really all you need
Unlike SOs, love from a pet is unconditional.
13. You can crush on whomever you choose
You're not tied down, and there's something fun about discussing your latest crushes with your friends.
14. You have only yourself to answer to
Independence and freedom are your middle name.
15. More time to do those DIY projects you've been wanting to get to
Personal satisfaction is the best kind of satisfaction, so let those creative juices flow.