While we're not opposed to the occasional beauty splurge, Christian Louboutin has certainly taken it too far. The brand, which brought us the iconic red-soled pumps, is adding to its overpriced beauty collection with a lipstick that will go for—wait for it—$90 a pop! The line includes 36 shades and 3 textures, and will be sold at Saks Fifth Avenue starting in September, just a little more than a year after the Louboutin nail lacquer ($50) made its debut.
Even though this lipstick comes in every shade you could ever want and doubles as a necklace (err, great?), we can think of so many better ways to spend our money. We did a little online shopping to find out what we could get for the price of this insane lipstick.
1. Gilmore Girls: The Complete Series on DVD ($89.99 at Amazon)
2. A 9-month subscription to Birchbox ($90)
3. A 9-month gym membership ($90 at Planet Fitness)
4. 10 Chipotle lunches WITH guac ($9 each)
5. Kate Spade mini wallet ($88)
6. J.Crew earrings ($88)
7. Ed Sheeran concert ticket ($79.50 at Live Nation)
What would you buy with $90, collegiettes?