Today marks the 12th anniversary of The O.C.'s TV premiere. Where has the time gone?! But even more than a decade later, these characters are still the wisest teenagers (and parents!) ever. Here are just some of the lessons they taught us.
1. Food preferences matter
All great relationships are founded on a shared appreciation for Mexican food.
2. Always make time to exercise
Bonus points if your activity of choice is fun to say. Yogalates.
3. You don't have to be an adult all the time
Have fun, stay young!
4. Family is family
For better or for worse.
5. Sometimes, your parents are your best friends
They always want to help.
6. You don't have to stick to one holiday
Because you want your menorah AND your ugly Christmas sweaters.
7. In love, timing is everything
8. Be yourself
Because the right person will accept you just as you are.
9. Dream big
"If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough."
10. Own your actions
You're a boss, girl.
11. You can sleep when you're dead
"Caffeine. Need. Caffeine. NOBODY TALK TO ME."
12. Nobody messes with your music
Don't stop belieeevin'!
13. Perfect your elevator pitch
You never know who could land you your next internship.
14. Things will work out in the end
Preach it, Summer!
15. Ain't no romance like a bromance
This could totally happen, okay?
What did The O.C. teach you, collegiettes?