Once a year, all of the celebrities and supermodels who have an extra $25,000 lying around snag a ticket that allows them to gather on the front steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and basically have the most epic fashion face-off of the year. The limit truly does not exist on this night of fashion. Celebs know that if there was ever a time for a fashion risk, the Met Gala red carpet is the place to do it. We have all stalked the fabulous red carpet photos, but the behind-the-scenes pictures really show what it’s like to spend an evening at the Met. Even the alleged social media ban did not stop the stars from sharing selfies and star-studded group shots on social media. Here are the most glamourous social snaps that Anna Wintour obviously didn’t want us to see.
1. Karlie Kloss and Gigi Hadid did Kylie pouts better than Kylie on their way to the event
2. Jourdan Dunn made an Instagram picture look like a magazine cover shoot
3. Ansel Elgort made us swoon with a pre-gala mirror selfie
4. Solange Knowles was “spinning with her hands up” in this unique Giles dress
5. Lily Collins made us think she was a descendant of Audrey Hepburn
6. Kendall Jenner looked like perfection before we even saw her complete look
7. Emily Ratajkowski channeled her inner geisha and embraced the “China: Through the Looking Glass” theme
8. Kerry Washington offered up a sneak peak of the dress of our dreamiest fairytales
9. Katy Perry was having an identity crisis
10. Sarah Jessica Parker decided to attend the gala as Syndrome from The Incredibles
11. Bella Hadid prepped for the big night with a stellar view of the city
12. Emma Roberts showed us that when it comes to the Met Gala, fashion comes before comfort every time
13. Kim Kardashian and JLo showed that they really don’t have a bad side
14. The impossible happened: Kanye West flashed a smile with Marc Jacobs, Cher, and Kim.
15. Sofia Vergara and Reese Witherspoon were the cutest BFFs in attendance
16. Katy Perry, Madonna, and Lady Gaga made peace while also forming the best pop queens sandwich of the night
17. Justin Bieber appeared to be on his best behavior at the event while posing for a selfie with Cara Delevingne
18. Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, Lily Collins, and friends posed for a sweet group shot
19. Kerry Washington and Alicia Keys said, “What social media ban?” and continued on with their flawless selfie
20. Creative Director of Balmain, Olivier Rousteing, shared a secret with Kendall
21. Miley Cyrus and Zoe Isabella Kravitz were inseparable and very bedazzled
22. Rihanna performed after changing out of the dress that launched a thousand memes
23. There was much talk about Kim Kardashian’s dress being a little too similar to Beyoncé’s Met Gala dress from 2012
— Racked (@Racked) May 5, 2015
24. Kim then felt the need to subtlely convince everyone that it was Cher (and not Bey) who was her inspiration, not once…
25. ...But twice.
26. Meanwhile, Beyoncé was unbothered and an hour late as everybody waited for her to arrive... all while she did a home photoshoot for Instagram. All hail Queen Bey
27. We wonder if it took her more than 45 minutes to get all dressed up
28. Zendaya reflected on how surreal it was to have attended the gala at 18 (we definitely feel the same way Z…)
28. This power couple group photo happened after the gala (feat. Emily Ratajkowski)
30. And finally, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Jourdan Dunn, Cara Delevingne, Zoe Kravitz, Joan Smalls, and Emily Ratajkowski slayed our squad goals.
Meanwhile, we were all at home like: