You’re at the library when you spot an attractive stranger eyeing you from behind a pair of chic glasses and an alluringly large book. Probably an English major. The hot ones are always English majors. What do you say? “Are you an overdue book? Because you have fine written all over you!”
How unsophisticated. In case your crush judges a book by its cover, you want to make the perfect first impression. And what better way to woo someone than with a pick-up line custom-tailored to the book he or she happens to be reading?
Take a page out of our book and try one of these literary one-liners.
1. You must be reading Fahrenheit 451, because you’re smokin’!
2. Charles Dickens might have given you Great Expectations, but I can meet them.
3. Why don’t we Middlemarch right out of here and go get dinner?
4. Did I just step into an E. M. Forster novel? Because any room with you in it is A Room with a View.
5. It’s no wonder Big Brother’s watching you. On a scale of 1 to 10, you’re 1984.
6. I don’t need to go In Search of Lost Time — I know it’s the time I spent before I met you.
7. Why would you Mary Shelley when you could marry me?
8. Watching you walk through those stacks is A Moveable Feast for the eyes.
9. It’s funny that you’re reading Tennessee Williams, since you’re the only 10 I see.
10. Call me Ishmael. When can I call you?
11. Hey cutie, I Sense you have a lot of Sensibility. Was that too Austen-tatious of me to point out?
12. I believe in The Importance of Being Earnest, so I’m just going to say it: I’m Wilde about you.
13. I would Thoreau-ly enjoy it if this library weren’t so Wald-en. Why don’t you get some fresh air and go out with me?
14. Hey, why don’t you let me bring you to Treasure Island?
15. I could say that I wandered lonely as a cloud before I met you, but what are these Wordsworth if you won’t go out with me?
16. I’d Fight to go to a Club with you.
17. Wanna go find us A Room of One’s Own?
Disclaimer: Many libraries don’t permit food, so be careful about bringing in lines this cheesy and corny. But hey, at least they’re not as bad as these pick-up lines!