Happy birthday to Rihanna! The global singing sensation turns 27 today. In honor of the birthday girl and in true Flashback Friday fashion, here’s a quick look back on some of RiRi’s most extreme beauty looks.
1. iHeartRadio Awards - May 2014
Looking like a very chic alien, this metallic blue/green lipstick-and-topknots combo is out of this world.
2. L.A. vs. Oklahoma Basketball Game - May 2014
Rihanna is sitting pretty in a bubblegum pink pixie, a girlier take on her usual short cuts.
3. Gucci and Rocnation Pre-Grammy Brunch - February 2011
A head full of red corkscrew curls takes center stage against her white gown.
4. River Island Launch Event, London - September 2013
We could probably never pull off blue lipstick, but if anybody can rock it, it's Rihanna.
5. MTV Europe Music Awards - November 2010
This glossy red beehive is an updated take on a Bridget Bardot-esque look.
6. American Music Awards - November 2009
Red undereye wings and a black and blonde pixie undercut are dramatically different—and different is what Rihanna does best.
7. Grammy Awards - February 2012
These frizzy bleach blond curls with evident black roots suddenly made it socially acceptable to skip touch-ups at the salon.
8. MTV Video Music Awards - July 2012
Rihanna puts her money where her mouth is with blinged out dollar bill nails.
9. NBC Today Show - May 2011
The singer performed "S&M" on the Today Show in retro curls and a subtle yet sultry smoky eye.
10. Kid's Choice Awards - March 2007
This famous asymmetrical razor-sharp bob put Rihanna on the beauty map—and inspired a whole wave of copycats.
Which one of these bold beauty looks is Rihanna's best?