There's always one friend who you know will stand by you through it all. The person who sees you cry, eats pizza with you in the middle of the night and watches reruns of Friends with you. And that is whom we like to call a best friend. It turns out having a nice glass of wine at the end of the day can be a lot like spending the evening with your best friend - here's why!
1. Wine will always understand your money problems.
We're all broke college students, after all.
2. You can sit around in your sweatpants with unwashed hair, and wine won’t judge you.
Drake didn’t realize how bad the “sweatpants, hair tied, chillin’ with no makeup on” look can be.
3. Wine will listen to the reasons why you hate someone and agree with you 100 percent.
Because what kind of best friend wouldn’t?
4. When everyone else is busy, wine will sit in your room and channel surf with you for hours.
Best friends would rather be alone together.
5. Wine will never question why you’re still single, because it understands the struggle of finding someone who's relationship material these days.
“Yes, Grandma, I will have a boyfriend some day.”
6. Wine will never tell you your jokes aren’t funny.
What do you call a seagull that flies by the bay? A bay-gull! (Get it? Bagel? Totally the next Rebel Wilson, I know).
7. Wine won’t judge you for drunkenly hooking up with that guy from your class you normally despise.
Because everyone looks better after 2 a.m.
8. When you’re having a mid-life crisis in your twenties, wine will sit and listen to your problems.
Rule #1 of girl code in any language or culture.
9. Wine doesn’t care about how you looked in middle school.
Times were tough in 2006. It's not your fault that bejeweled jeans were a thing.
10. Wine will accept you for who you are.
The good and the bad.
11. Wine will be there for you when you try a new diet after New Year's.
A diet with your best friend is supposed to work better, after all!
12. Who else is going to listen to your new favorite song over and over (and over) again with you?
"Shake it off! Shake it off!!"
13. Last but not least, your problems are their problems.
Things could get a little hairy when you break your favorite corkscrew.