The holidays are here, and what better way to celebrate than with decadent, delicious, holiday-inspired cocktails? We’ve picked a few of our favorites that can serve as festive additions to this season’s parties and celebrations!
1. Candy Cane from Mix That Drink
- 3/4 oz SKYY Berry vodka
- 3/4 oz peppermint schnapps
- 3/4 oz white creme de cacao
- 1/4 oz grenadine
- Half and Half
- Crushed hard peppermint candy
- Mix the vodka, peppermint Schnapps, grenadine and creme de cacao with ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake it up thoroughly.
- Rim a cocktail glass with crushed hard peppermint candy and pour the shaken mixture into the glass. Top it off with half and half.
2. Santa Shot from Mix That Drink
- 1 part grenadine syrup
- 1 part green creme de menthe
- 1 part peppermint schnapps
- Pour grenadine to about 1/3 of your shot glass.
- Carefully layer the creme de menthe, then the peppermint schnapps.
3. Poinsettia from Mix That Drink
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- 3 oz cranberry juice
- Put the Cointreau and cranberry juice in a chilled champagne flute.
- Stir them and top the rest of the way with champagne.
4. Hot Buttered Rum From Mix That Drink
- 2 oz of dark rum
- Cinnamon stick
- 1 pat butter
- 1 slice lemon peel
- Boiled water
- Put the cinnamon stick, lemon peel and rum in a mug.
- Fill it with boiling water (leave a spoon in the mug so the glass won’t break from the heat).
- Float the butter on top, then stir it in. Or serve it with the butter floating and let your guests stir it in with their cinnamon sticks.
5. Chocolate Peppermint Stick FromMix That Drink
- 1 1/2 oz white creme de cacao
- 1 oz cream
- 1 oz peppermint schnapps
- Shake well with ice.
- Strain ingredients into chilled martini glasses.
- Garnish with a small peppermint candy cane (or, optionally, crush the candy cane and sprinkle it on top) and serve.
6. Red Hot Santa-Tini from Mix That Drink
- 2 oz chili-infused vodka
- 2 oz Godiva chocolate liqueur
- Cocoa powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Sweetened whipping cream
- One small Thai chili pepper
- Mix some cocoa powder together with a pinch of cayenne pepper, and rim a chilled martini glass with it.
- Shake the vodka up with the chocolate liqueur and pour the mixture into the glass.
- Top it off with the whipping cream and garnish by floating the chili pepper on top of the cream.
7. Capital Egg Nog From MyRecipes.com
- 6 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 12 pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 cups sugar
- Praline or bourbon liqueur
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- Cook milk, heavy cream and 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until steaming (about 150°).
- Reduce heat to low. Whisk together egg yolks and sugar in a large saucepan until smooth.
- Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture reaches at least 160° (about 25 minutes).
- Whisk milk mixture into egg mixture. Cool 30 minutes; transfer to a pitcher.
- Cover and chill 3 to 24 hours.
- Pour desired amount of praline or bourbon liqueur into each glass, if desired. Top with eggnog. Sprinkle with freshly ground nutmeg.
8. The Grinch from About.com
- 2 oz Midori Melon liqueur
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1 tsp simple syrup
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
9. Gingerbread Martini From MyRecipes.com
- Ginger liqueur
- Crushed gingersnaps
- 2 Tbsp ginger liqueur
- 2 Tbsp vanilla-citrus liqueur
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coffee-flavored rum
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp whipping cream
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Garnish: partially split vanilla bean brushed with liqueur and rolled in sugar (optional)
- Dip glass rims in ginger liqueur and crushed gingersnaps. Store glasses in freezer up to 2 days.
- Stir together 2 Tbsp ginger liqueur, vanilla-citrus liqueur, coffee-flavored rum, honey and whipping cream in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice cubes, cover with lid and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled (about 30 seconds).
- Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish, if desired.