Every collegiette remembers her first ABC (anything but clothes) party, and you probably ended up using a trash bag or caution tape as a last-minute outfit. For your next ABC party, why not make a splash and put in a little extra effort to create an amazing DIY outfit that will blow everyone away? Try one of these three easy DIY outfits for your next ABC party!
(via Sydne Style)
Shimmy all night long in this festive tinsel outfit, and don't forget to throw on some boy shorts underneath to avoid a wardrobe malfunction!
- Tinsel garland ($3.50 at Target)
- Hot glue gun
- Old tablecloth
- Beaded garland ($10 at Target)
- Hole punch
- To create the corset top, cut an old tablecloth into the shape you want and hot glue tinsel all over the corset.
- Punch holes in the tablecloth along the back of the corset and have a friend lace it up using string.
- For the skirt, hot glue alternating strips of gold and silver tinsel together until you have the desired length.
- Using more tinsel or beaded garland, make a belt to accentuate your waist.
Duct Tape Drinks
(similar via Coolest Homemade Costumes)
Enlist five other friends you can go as a six-pack of your favorite beer or beverage!
- Trash bag ($13.76 at Walmart)
- Duct tape ($7.49 at CVS)
- Beverage boxes
- Can tabs
- Velcro ($11.99 at Michael's)
- Hot glue gun
- Position a large trash bag around your body until it fits the way you want it to and have a friend tape it in place.
- Cover the trash bag in a layer of duct tape to establish the shape of the dress, then use a second layer to make it smoother.
- Using duct tape in an accent color, add a strip to the top and bottom of your dress.
- Using scissors, cut down the side of your dress completely, from top to bottom.
- Hot glue the velcro to the sides of the dress so that you can re-use the dress (and also so you can go to the bathroom!).
- Attach the logo from your favorite canned beer or soda to the front of your dress.
- Accessorize your outfit with jewelry made out of can tabs strung together with wire.
Night Out in Newspaper
(via Lauren Fernandez-Morrell)
Cross your fingers that it doesn't rain and get ready for tons of compliments when you rock this frock!
- Duct tape
- Sewing kit
- Ribbon ($3.99 at Michael's)
- Hot glue gun
- Strapless bra you don't mind ruining ($6.48 at Target)
- Position the newspaper over your bra and cover the edges with a layer of tape to keep the paper from ripping.
- Sewing only where the tape is positioned, sew the newspaper onto the bra.
- Using the excess newspaper, have a friend tape the newspaper around your waist, creating a corset-type effect.
- You can either tape the newspaper to a skirt you already own for more volume or you can fold and layer newspapers together to create your own skirt, taping the layers together as you go.
- When you are happy with the skirt, attach it to the taped waistband with another piece of tape to secure it.
- If you want to cover the tape waistband, use a glue gun to cover it with a ribbon.
Amazing. Budget-friendly. Creative. What more could you want? Get DIY-ing, collegiettes!