After visits to Boston, NYC and Chicago, College Fashion Week made its final stop in San Francisco, where TRESemmé hair maven Tyler Laswell created three hair masterpieces for West Coast collegiettes that heralded the return of sweater weather. And as heartbreaking it is for us to bid the runway adieu, we’re closing the College Fashion Week curtain with a breakdown of Laswell’s step-by-step instructions and the must-have TRESemmé products you need to execute the three Fall-fabulous looks on your own. Keep scrolling to get started!
Look #1: Imperial Half Up Knotted Loop
- Mist damp hair with TRESemmé Platinum Strength Heat Protection Spray ($5) to shield your strands from heat damage.
- Apply TRESemmé Climate Protection Mousse ($5) throughout the lengths of your hair then use a medium round brush to create a soft, airy blow-out.
- Run a dollop of the brand’s Keratin Smooth Crème Serum ($5) from middle to ends for 48 hours of smooth, frizz-free hair.
- Loosely gather the top section of hair, leaving wisps around your face. Split this gathered section into two and tie a knot, then repeat to form a double knot.
- Secure the knot to your head using bobby pins and your chic half up-do is good to go!
Look #2: Brooklyn Princess Dutch Braided Pigtails
- Prime your mane with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse ($5) and rough dry to give it a bouncy, natural texture.
- Refresh your locks by spritzing TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo ($5) at the roots, then create a center part from your hairline down to the nape of the neck.
- Start to Dutch braid (reverse French braid) as close to the center part as possible and continue braiding down the head, behind the ear. Repeat on the other side of the part.
- Once you’re done braiding, secure each braid with an elastic and lightly tease the loose ends.
- Complete the look by using both hands to gently pull apart the braids for a relaxed, laid-back vibe.
Look #3: Woodlander Three-Section Low Pony
- Apply TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Flat Iron Smoothing Spray ($5) onto wet hair to seal in shine and protect from heat damage then blow-dry hair using a medium round brush until completely dry.
- Straighten your strands with a flat iron from roots to ends for a sleek and chic look.
- Next, gather the top section of hair from ear to ear and secure that section with an elastic at your crown. Working your way down, gather a second section of hair (including the lengths of the first pony you created) and tie it with an elastic below the ears. Collect the remaining hair (including the lengths of the two ponytails) and secure it at the nape of your neck.
- Gloss your runway-ready ponytail with a mist ofTRESemmé Keratin Smooth Illuminating Shine Spray ($5).
Sad to see College Fashion Week go? Don’t ruin your mascara over it! Instead, head over to TRESemmé’s YouTube channel to keep your hair game strong all year long. And catch up on the fierce fun from this year’s runways at collegefashionweek.com!