College Fashion Week is the gift that keeps on giving—you've already seen the stunning looks from Boston and NYC, and as if they didn’t deliver enough hair-spiration, all the coiffed ‘dos at College Fashion Week in Chicago were every collegiette’s best accessory. And lucky for you, we consulted TRESemmé hair whiz Tyler Laswell on the steps and TRESemmé products you need to execute the Chi-Town looks at home. Ahead, your guide to three no-fuss hairstyles suitable for any ensemble!
Look #1: Imperial Messy Top Knot
- Prep your locks with TRESemmé Thermal Creations Volume Mousse ($5) then rough dry. Maximize texture by using a one-inch curling iron to create tousled waves and then spraying TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo ($5) at your roots—this must-have will absorb excess oil while boosting texture.
- Separate the top half of hair from ear to ear then clip it out of the way. Pull the bottom half into a tight bun at your crown and secure with an elastic.
- Release the top half (the section you clipped out of the way) and tease it slightly for added volume. Then, separate this section into three equal parts and clip the middle part out of the way.
- Loosely wrap the outer sections around the base of your tight bun, holding each section in place with a bobby pin. Do the same with the middle section.
- Once the three equal parts are wrapped around the bun, embellish the effortless chic topknot with your favorite headband.
- Spray TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray ($4) all over your ‘do for perfect touchable hold.
Look #2: Brooklyn Princess Polished Knot
- Apply TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse ($5) on wet hair then use a medium round brush while blow drying to add volume to your roots.
- Brush hair into a tight, low side ponytail on either your left or right side, then start tightly twisting the tail.
- When you’ve twisted it all the way to the end, wrap it up toward your head, using bobby pins to anchor it along the way.
- Tuck ends under the twist and fasten with bobby pins.
- Tame unruly strands with a spritz of TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Firm Hair Spray ($4). Then, give your knot a glossy finish with a mist of the brand’s Keratin Smooth Illuminating Shine Spray ($5).
Look #3: Woodlander French Twist
- Prime your hair with TRESemmé Thermal Creations Volume Mousse ($5) then rough dry.
- Apply TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Crème Serum ($5) from root to tip to achieve a frizz-free canvas.
- Gather hair at your crown and start tightly twisting down the middle of the back of your head, securing with bobby pins as you go along.
- Continue gathering hair and securing with pins while you twist until you reach the nape of the neck (be sure to leave the ends loose).
- Complete the look by placing two or three bobby pins under the section of loose hair to secure the twist.
Can’t get enough hair inspo? Head over to TRESemmé’s YouTube channel for simple tutorials from its team of professional Style Setters. Keep your eyes peeled for our coverage of College Fashion Week San Francisco and get even more updates at collegefashionweek.com!