We’ve got your College Fashion Week fix with highlights from the third stop on this year's tour! After finishing up a fab show in New York City, the HC team migrated west to Chi-town. The swanky event took place at Revel Downtown, a super stunning and spectacularly designed space located right in the heart of the city, which helped make for an unforgettable night. In case you couldn't make it, we'll walk you through what went down!
Her Campus teamed up with the mega-popular online clothing e-tailer boohoo.com, the official fashion sponsor of College Fashion Week, to provide the sweet fashion for the night. There was even a boohoo fashion closet where collegiettes got to play around and scope out the hottest trends! It was every fashionista's dream! From the U.K.’s best-kept secret to one of the fastest-growing international e-tailers, boohoo.com has quickly evolved into a global fashion leader of its generation.
TRESemmé, the official hair care sponsor of CFW, had its amazing team come up with the most trendy hairstyles to be showcased during the fashion show! CFW was lucky enough feature the super talented TRESemmé stylist Tyler Laswell (pictured above), who has done styling work for InStyle, Vogue, and more! With him, everyone's hair was in good hands.
The Imperial Messy Top Knot (above and below) is so cute! It's everything a "messy" hairdo should entail. Plus, the leather headband accent takes the whole look up a notch!
This 'do would be great for a school day, since it won't take you hours to create and it won't look too fancy to rock to class. To put your bun-making skills to the test, start trying it out now by following these steps:
- Prep hair with TRESemmé Thermal Creations Volume Mousse and rough dry. For added texture, use a one-inch curling iron to create a soft wave. Lightly spray TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo at the roots to absorb excess oils (bonus: it'll give added texture to work with)!
- Section the top half of hair from ear to ear and clip out of the way. Next, pull the bottom half of hair into a tight bun at the crown and secure with an elastic.
- Release the top half and lightly tease for added volume. Separate this section into three equal parts and clip the middle section out of the way.
- Loosely wrap the outer section above each ear around the base of the bun and secure with bobby pins.
- Repeat step four with the center section.
- Once all hair is gathered around the bun, wrap leather string (found at local craft store) around head (acting as a headband) and tie at the nape of the neck.
- Spray TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray liberally over completed look for a voluminous and flexible hold.
For more gorgeous hairstyle ideas, stop by TRESemmé's YouTube channel, which features dozens of tutorials!
As the official beauty sponsor of CFW, bareMinerals had a station where attendees were treated to mini make-unders and foundation shade-matching. Everyone got to the chance to feel like a pampered model, even if they weren't rocking the runway! Some lucky ladies even got to take home a full-sized foundation!
Many collegiettes had the chance to let loose in the Bosco GIF booth, provided by Premium Outlets. It was a total hit; these ladies look like they're having a blast! We would be too, if we were turning our selfies into GIFs! Plus, there's no need to have to sqeeze into a tiny little frame! All the room to pose to your heart's desire (and then ogle the fab results online afterwards).
Backstage, energy was high and glamour was off-the-charts, as it should be at a fashion show! The models slipped on their shoes, adjusted their outfits and made other last-minute adjustments just before their debut on the catwalk. P.S., that boohoo.com necklace is killer.
The fashion show featured some of the most jaw-dropping (yet still wearable!) outfits any collegiette could rock. No crazy, avant-garde, unwearable pieces here! How ready does this model look for fall?! Her swingy top is perfectly tucked into her pants, and the bright bib necklace adds a nice pop. The taupe-colored parka sure looks cozy, and its gold hardware adds a nice flare to a normally dull type of outerwear. This outfit screams effortless, but still put together!
Ah, we can't get over how amazing this model looks! Her boohoo.com outfit is so boho chic with the bowler hat and statement necklace, plus she will definitely keep warm for the Chi-town fall in that oversized cardigan.
For a fuller look at how spectacular the night was, check out the exclusive album and like the CFW Facebook page for updates. While it's true that CFW 2014 tour is coming to an end, let's not get too ahead of ourselves –there's still one last stop! This time, the HC team is taking on California. San Francisco, here we come! So as you look back on the month's amazing shows in Boston, New York City and Chicago, just think about how awesome the last hurrah will be in the Bay Area on Saturday, October 25th. Don't forget to RSVP, because time is running out!