#CollegeFashionWeek in Boston has come and gone but we’re still oohing and aahing over the hair fantasy TRESemmé Stylist Tyler Laswell brought to the catwalk. And since we have a hunch you'll be needing some fresh hair inspo this weekend, we’re breaking down the simple recipes for achieving these gorgeous ‘dos without a trip to the salon. Trust us, runway-ready locks don’t come easier than this (and we owe it to Laswell for showing us the ropes). Scroll down for step-by-step instructions, including all the TRESemmé products you need to recreate three hairstyles from #TREScfw that will put an end to your daily topknot habit once and for all.
Look #1: Brooklyn Princess Undercut Braid with Metallic Foil Accent
- To prep, start by applying TRESemmé Thermal Creations Volume Boosting Mousse ($5) onto damp hair. For added texture, flip your head over and rough dry your strands with your dryer on high heat.
- Wrap multiple sections of your hair around a one-inch curling barrel, leaving ends out. Since this look calls for tousled waves, alternate the direction you wrap the sections around the iron.
- Create a deep side-part and separate the smaller half of the part into two to three sections.
- Starting with the section closest to your ear, Dutch braid (reverse French braid) from your temple down to the nape of your neck. Repeat this step on the remaining two sections.
- Fasten each braid at the nape of your neck, secure with bobby pins, then mist your supermodel ‘do with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Illuminating Shine Spray ($5), a heat activated smoothing treatment that fights frizz for up to 48 hours.
DIY glam gold accent:
- Apply a dollop of the brand's TRES Two Mega Firm Gel ($4) to the braid you wish to dazzle and lightly blow dry it until the gel feels sticky.
- Place a metallic foil (found at most craft stores) onto the braid and use a blush brush to gently set it.
- Remove the foil’s plastic backing and voilà, an amplified undercut braid is yours!
Look #2: Woodlander Retro Twist
- Comb TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse ($5) through damp hair and rough dry.
- Wrap your strands loosely around a one-inch curling iron, leaving ends alone. Create the same irregular waves described in step two of the undercut braid style above.
- Separate a section of hair at the front of your crown while loosely pulling and twisting it behind your ear, gathering additional strands as you go.
- Glitz up the twist by securing it with colorful or bedazzled bobby pins. Finish with a few spritzes of TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Firm Hair Spray ($4) for a full day’s worth of humidity-free, flexible hold.
Look #3: Imperial Casual Double Bun
- Start by working TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse ($5) through damp hair, then rough dry.
- Wrap your hair around the barrel of a one-inch curling iron, leaving the ends untouched and switching the direction you wrap each section around the iron.
- Pull the hair at the crown of your head into a messy bun, then secure with bobby pins.
- Next, with the hair from the temple, create a small messy bun directly under the existing bun and secure with bobby pins.
- Frame your face with one or two wisps of hair from your hairline to give the style a laid-back vibe. Then, polish the look using TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray ($4) for never-stiff, luscious locks.
And just like that, collegiettes, gone are the days (or weeks) of throwing your hair into a snooze-worthy ponytail. Want even more hair inspo? Click here for easy step-by-step tutorials from TRESemmé professionals.