Happy Birthday to Twiggy! With her lithe frame, large eyes and cute boyish haircut, she became the face for the "mod" scene in the swinging sixties. What we love most? Her doll-like eyes and extravagant, glamorous lashes.
To celebrate her birthday, we put together a makeup tutorial so you can get the look:
- Prep, prime, and do your face. Make sure your face is clean and oil-free.
- Apply a mattifying primer, like Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original ($12).
- Apply a light wash of a cream or white eyeshadow color, Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Walk of Shame ($18) to brighten the eye.
- Use an eye defining brush, e.l.f. Essential Defining Eye Brush ($1), to apply a black color in the crease of the eye. Then use an eyeliner brush, e.l.f. Essential Eyeliner Brush ($1), to color in the crease above the inner eye V and to create a tail above the outer eye V that is parallel to both the outer eye and your eyebrows.
- Using a fine point eyeliner, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper ($18), create a thin line right at the edge of your lash line that parallels the crease line you made earlier. Towards the end, instead of naturally flicking up, do a small flick downwards.
- For the top eyelashes, you can opt to use fake lashes, but here we will use mascara. For the base coat, use Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara ($23) and then Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara in Black ($16.50) For every new coat of mascara, make sure to blink onto your finger or tissue to get rid of excess mascara.
- For the bottom lashes, use the Tattoo Liner to create whispy bottom lashes. Apply more pressure on the water line and as you're creating the lashes, let off some pressure to get a gradual line that goes from thick to thin. To create the triangle lashes in the video, angle the lines so that you can get the triangles.
- To give your eyes the illusion that they are bigger than they are, use a white or shimmery light color, Sephora Collection Nano Eyeliner in Precious Silver ($5), on your water line.
- For a finishing touch, use a pale pink or nude lipstick, Lancôme Color Design Sensation Effects Lipcolor in "It" Girl ($22.50) to get the "Mod" look.
And Voilà! You now have Twiggy's iconic eyes.
What did you collegiettes think of the makeup tutorial? Did you try the look? How did it go?