Since the day I watched "The Little Mermaid" for the first time, I’ve been obsessed with mermaids. I spent my childhood pretending to be a mermaid in the swimming pool to reading every book that had anything to do with mermaids. When I saw the preview for Freeform’s new show, "Siren," I knew I had to watch it.
Here are some thoughts that popped into my mind during the premiere:
Warning: This article contains spoilers!
1. What creature beheads a shark?!
That must've been one heck of an underwater battle.
2. What color contact brand is the siren using because I want eyes like those.
They literally stare into your soul.
3. I'm definitely going to hear that siren song in my sleep.
*Scrolls through Spotify to find new earworm*
4. Wow, that's a lot more blood than I was expecting to see.
I guess it's a realistic amount for a guy thrown through a windshield.
5. I didn't know mermaids could have pointy teeth...or claws...or razor-sharp fins.
Is this how people perceive me when I'm on one of my PMS mood swings?
6. Remind me again how the siren learns to speak English in a day.
It takes me six hours to realize I've been wearing my shirt inside out and backwards.
7. How many times is the siren almost going to kill somebody?
I consistently have the pulse of a marathon runner.
Regardless of how weirded out I was at some parts, this mermaid-lover is definitely hooked for the rest of the season.