Long before #flawless started trending on Twitter and Yoncé became a household name, there was a fabulous trio of girls who taught us how to color-coordinate and embrace our curves while showing us the importance of girlfriends and being independent. In honor of Queen Bey's ongoing On the Run Tour with hubby Jay Z, we were inspired to take a walk down memory lane and remember the fabulous girl group in which Beyoncé got her start. For many collegiettes, the very first album we bought was by Destiny's Child, and we ate our Fruit Loops to the sounds of Beyoncé, Michelle and Kelly belting out the The Proud Family theme song before school.
We've rounded up 11 times that Destiny's Child was #flawless for your viewing pleasure.
1. When they rocked these coordinating yellow outfits and Beyoncé wore a fedora with a giant feather.
2. When the girls executed a perfectly synchronized hair flip in the middle of the desert.
3. When they acted just like every other group of girlfriends.
4. When they collaborated with Charlie's Angels and made us want to be self-sufficient, independent women.
5. When they strutted their stuff like the straight-up divas that they are.
6. When "Bootylicious" came out and all of a sudden having curves was cool (thank you, ladies).
7. When the girls had an impromptu jam session backstage (and looked fabulous while doing so).
8. When the trio struck this sassy pose with enormous dogs.
9. When "Survivor" came out and provided the soundtrack to all of life's struggles.
10. When they made the holidays even better.
11. And finally, when Destiny's Child reunited at the 2013 Super Bowl halftime show looking as #flawless as ever and fulfilling the dreams of collegiettes everywhere.
As much as we love Beyonce's new album and fawning over Blue Ivy, old-school jams like "Survivor,""Say My Name" and "Lose My Breath" will always hold a certain nostalgic appeal for us and transport us back to a simpler time. While Bey may be a solo queen these days, we'll never forget where she, Michelle and Kelly got their start!