Still not entirely sure what you’re going to be for Halloween yet? With the big day quickly approaching, it's crunch time for finding and completing the perfect costume. However, many of us don’t have the time or money to get a costume that will put us on the best-dressed list. The easiest advice that we always hear is to make a costume using the clothes that we already own... but how using the makeup that we already own (or want to own) instead?
Youtuber Miranda Hedman created a tutorial for the most gorgeous Space Princess look, with makeup so perfect that you could pair it with a plan white t-shirt and still win the costume contest. With some bright blushes and easy-to-do galaxy freckles, Hedman makes transforming into a princess seem easy.
Want to get the look? Here’s what to you can do:
- Using the NYX Full Throttle Shadow Palette in “Stunner” ($10 at NYX), blend out a brown shade on the crease of your eyelid, then put silver and blue shades on the lid. Make sure the silver shade is on the inner most corner of the lid, and the blue shade on the outermost corner. Finally, use the blue shade to smoke out the bottom lid.
- Use the NYX Glam Liner Aqua Luxe Collection in “Glam Platinum” ($5.50 at NYX) to do a simple winged eyeliner look.
- Prime with the NYX Glitter Primer ($8 at NYX) and use the NYX Face and Body Glitter in “Crystal” ($6 at NYX). Place the glitter in the inner corner, then slowly drag drown past the bottom lash line.
- Coat your top and bottom lashes with the NYX Color Mascara in “Purple” ($7 at NYX).
- Take NYX Primal Colors in “Hot Pink” ($5 at NYX) and use the shade generously along the apples of your cheek, bottom of your nose and top of your neck.
- Use NYX Primal Colors in “Hot Blue” ($5 at NYX) along the contour of your cheekbones, the entire bridge of your nose and around your neck. Blend into “Hot Pink” and use additional product if needed.
- Go back to the NYX Glam Liner Aqua Luxe Collection in “Glam Platinum” and place dots, to resemble freckles, over your cheeks and nose.
- Use the Paradise Makeup AQ™ - Detailz ($8.95 at Mehron) to apply more faux freckles too the same area. Make these freckles closer together and more clustered. Using the same liner, draw stars in the shape of an “X” (or get creative!) sporadically across the area of freckles. This will create the galaxy pattern. Don’t forget to extend this design into the colored part of your neck.
- Complete the look with the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in “Amethyst” ($7 at NYX).
- Hedman used a Sigma Lip Switch in “Double Whammy” as a lip topper in this look, however, this product is no longer available. I would suggest using the Huda Beauty Lip Strobe in “Enchanting” ($18 at Sephora) to achieve a similar look.
Happy Halloween - may your candy be yummy and your makeup be fleeky!