If you have yet to hear all about the sobfest that is Shailene Woodley’s new film, The Fault in Our Stars, then you’ve either been living under a rock or you haven’t had access to social media. The immensely talented and equally endearing actress is officially Hollywood’s new it girl, but she’s the furthest thing from a diva. Shai has recently turned heads for her unconventional approaches to beauty and her all-natural lifestyle, earning her a reputation as Hollywood’s hippie darling. In honor of HC’s favorite flower child, we’ve rounded up some of Shailene’s most memorable quotes.
1. “My religion is the Earth, man. I believe in trees.” (As told to The Hollywood Reporter)
We feel like Shailene Woodley (see what we did there?) was a forest fairy in another life... or maybe in this life?
2. “The second I wake up, I scream very loudly, ‘Good morning! Good morning!’ And then I scream out, ‘Exciting day! Exciting day!’ I feel like it completely sets the mood for the whole day.” (As told to Interview magazine)
Is it weird that we really want to try this...? It definitely won't make Mondays any worse.
3. “Another thing I like to do is give my vagina a little vitamin D. I was reading an article written by an herbalist ... about yeast infections and other genital issues. She said there’s nothing better than vitamin D.” (As told to Into The Gloss)
Hey, if a specialist recommended it, there's gotta be some truth to it... although finding a secluded spot outdoors where you can let the sun do its thing is going to be pretty difficult.
4. “I don’t even know if humans are genetically made to be with one person forever.” (As told to Marie Claire)
Careful, Shai - your Descendants costar George Clooney said he didn't think he'd get married and he just had to eat his words when he finally put a ring on it.
5. “I’m not a big technology person. I don’t even have a smartphone. I don’t even have a cellphone.” (As told to The Daily Beast)
We're all for a more natural lifestyle, but not having a cellphone? We panic when we lose our iPhone somewhere in our bed...
6. “I like to be a feminist, but I’m also a… maleist? What would you call that? I’m a strong woman who loves men.” (As told to E!)
We'll admit, we're a little confused about Shailene's views on feminism, but it's refreshing to hear a female celeb say that being an independent woman and loving men don't have to be mutually exclusive.
7. “I gather my own spring water from mountains every month. I go to a farm to get my food.” (As told to Flaunt magazine)
Honestly, we're just impressed with this one. It's a stretch for us to justify the extra five minutes it takes to walk to Whole Foods for some organic fruits and veggies, never mind trekking into the hills for some straight-from-nature produce.
We've gotta hand it to Hollywood's flower child - she's a breath of fresh air (pun intended?). You do you, Shai.