As excited as we are to get back to school, all of us still get those first-day jitters. Between worrying about what to wear to seeing your crush for the first time since spring semester, the first day is a bit of an emotional roller coaster. Here are just a few things you might be feeling as you head back to class.
1. “I literally have NOTHING to wear.”
Seven outfit changes later, you inevitably settle on the first one.
2. “Oops! I didn’t buy the right school supplies…”
Because taking notes requires an actual notebook. Get something super sturdy (and vibrantly colored!) so your notebooks will last through the semester.
3. “OMG, there’s my crush at Starbucks! I wonder if we like the same drink.”
Maybe you’ll find love in a caffeinated place this year.
4. “Ugh, I always forget how annoyingly heavy books can be.”
Avoid back problems with a sturdy, yet functional and stylish backpack at Office Depot and OfficeMax stores. This Kenneth Cole backpack has padded straps and a cushioned mesh back so your calculus textbook won’t weigh you down.
5. “Cool, I already have five major assignments and a quiz next week and this is only my second class.”
According to your planner, you’re not free until November.
6. “YAY for best friend reunions!”
You may or may not have made a scene in the middle of the quad, but who cares!
7. “Um, sorry, what was the question again, professor?”
Is it too late to fake an emergency and run out of here? Avoid being called on with nothing to say by taking copious notes with TUL pens: serious ink that makes a statement and can be purchased at Office Depot and OfficeMax stores.
8. “Wow, I sort of missed Taco Tuesday.”
You hate to admit it, but sometimes the questionable dining hall food hits the spot.
9. “And, I’m extremely broke again.”
Between tuition and your latte habit, college isn’t cheap. Save money by using to-go containers like these cute thermos hydration bottles at Office Depot and OfficeMax stores so you’re not buying drinks on campus all day long.
10. “I cannot wait to take a nap later.”
Afternoon naps > everything
11. “Should I go out tonight? Everyone’s going out. I should go out.”
You’ll probably regret it in the morning, but YOLO.
12. “I can’t believe how busy I am! I already miss summer vacation.”
#TBT to just lounging at the pool all day.
13. “But I’m really happy to be back.”
Because let’s be real, college rocks. Get ready for your best year EVER, collegiettes! (Just remember to get school supplies…)