We all love a quick fix for life's everyday problems, but when do quick fixes stop being convenient and start becoming dangerous? We've compiled a list of life hacks from this AskReddit thread that are either completely ridiculous or perhaps just crazy enough to work.
(Do not try these at home.)
1. Save money on expensive binoculars by just standing closer to the object you want to look at.
Why didn't we think of that?
2. When you're downloading a file, flip your screen sideways so gravity helps the download.
You could also try repeatedly screaming at your computer, "WHY DON'T YOU DO WHAT I SAY?" It has the same effect.
3. When your carton of milk starts getting old, leave it in the sun to spruce it up.
This will also turn your milk from liquid to solid for easy drinking—erm, eating?
4. Assert dominance in an interview by opening with an interpretive song-and-dance routine. Choreograph all moves to the song "Takin' Care Of Business."
Depending on the job you're interviewing for... this might just work.
5. If your plugs keep bending, try straightening out the outlet with a fork. This also works better if the fork is wet so it can slide in easier.
6. When standing on the subway or in line for food, hold hands with the person closest to you. It's the best way to make new friends.
Your true love awaits! Just think of the missed opportunities!
7. You can ensure that your computer will never get a virus by always wearing latex gloves before touching it.
Hey, safety first, am I right?
8. Add a touch of magic to your cold by putting glitter in your mouth before you sneeze.
To be fair, this one might actually be fun... is that what Tinkerbell feels like?
9. Delete everything off your laptop if it's getting too heavy.
Your bag will be so much lighter... because you'll throw your laptop out of the window upon realizing what you've done.
10. Instead of carpeting your house, glue two carpet squares to your feet. Voila! Carpet all the time for a fraction of the price.
I know, your mind is blown. Ours, too.
11. Microwave your phone so it will charge faster. The microwave will shake the molecules in the phone and spark a charge.
It'll spark something, alright.
Really, please don't try these at home. If you do, you've got no one to blame but yourself... you've been warned.