Karrueche Tran can officially breathe a sign of relief. On Thursday, a judge in a Santa Monica court granted the 29-year-old actress and model a five-year restraining order against Chris Brown.
According to E! News, Tran was present for the hearing. Brown, on the other hand, was not. Two voicemails Brown previously left Tran were reportedly played at the hearing, in which the singer can be heard cursing at, threatening, and making offensive remarks to Tran about gifts he had given her that he wanted back. Text messages were also submitted as evidence. In the disturbing text messages, Brown claimed he would "beat the shit" out of Tran, make her hate him "even more" if they were in the same place in pubilc, and told her he "won't hold back so stay in your place." Tran told the judge that she "didn't put it past" Brown to hurt her again.
Thursday's decision follows allegations Tran made against Brown back in February. Tran wrote in court documents that Brown had "threatened to kill me to others, threatened me via text messages and threatened to harass my friends." At that time, she was granted a temporary restraining order against the singer.
E! News reports Brown took to social media shortly after the filing. In the since-deleted post, he told his followers not to listen to "all this bulls--t."
We wish Tran nothing but a safe and happy future.