There are those who believe love makes the world go round, and there are those who think it’s money that makes the world go round. Some of us may go back and forth depending on our relationship status, but there are some things you come to realize when you decide that money—especially spending money—trumps a boyfriend any day.
Here are 15 things only girls who would rather have money than a boyfriend understand.
1. All you do is work, leaving barely any time for love
At this point, you don't even have the energy for a boyfriend. If you had one, you'd have less time to work and less money, and you're just not about that life.
2. If you have to pick between picking up a shift or going on a date, you always go for the extra money
No offense to your Tinder matches, but you'd rather use your night off to make some extra money than sit through an awkward first date.
3. Why have a boy buy your presents when you'd rather buy your own?
Just because you don't have a boyfriend doesn't mean you can't be spoiled. Treat yo self.
4. You get more excited about payday than about going on dates
5. You indulge in retail therapy and spending money rather than leaning on a guy's shoulder
Nothing nurses a broken heart or a stressed out spirit like a little retail therapy. Sure, having a shoulder to cry on is nice, but so is crying into your new wardrobe you bought with hard-earned cash.
6. You have more shopping apps on your phone than dating apps
And if you have to delete an app, Tinder would be the first to go. How could you delete Etsy or Charlotte Russe?
7. You feel more butterflies when your bank account is in the four-digit zone than you do before meeting a guy
8. You don't agree with people who say you can't buy love
You can buy pizza, which is basically the same thing as buying love. And who needs a boyfriend when you have pizza?
9. You know more about managing money than being in a relationship
You even know how to maintain a successful budget—not so much how to maintain a successful relationship.
10. You prioritize buying things for yourself over pretty much everything else
You don’t have to spend money on a relationship if you don’t have one. That money can go toward food for you instead. Win-win.
11. You’re haunted by the money you could have saved during sales you missed out on, rather than the relationships you missed out on
12. You've got 99 problems, and all of them have to do with money instead of boys
13. You can better relate to your friend's financial struggles than their relationship struggles
You can offer plenty of advice and support when a friend is complaining about money, but you're not very helpful when it comes to boyfriends.
14. You'd rather wake up to a notification of a deposit made to your account than a cute "good morning" text
15. You redownloaded Tinder to try and make some money instead of trying to find your soulmate
If it worked for this girl, maybe it’ll work for you.