Growing up in the '90s and early 2000s, we didn't have Snapchat or Instagram to supply us with entertainment. Memes weren't even a thing back then, and there was no hashtag "trending" to guide preteen girls in the direction of all things cool. Luckily, we had publications such as CosmoGirl, Girl's Life, Tiger Beat and more to provide us with the essential info. Here are 15 things every girl learned from a magazine.
1. How to tell whether or not your crush was into you
The answer was most likely supplied through a quiz.
2. How to kiss
And how not to kiss.
3. Even celebs have embarassing moments
Stars…they're just like us!
4. Which boy bands were the dreamiest
Because those were the posters that you were going to rip out of every issue.
5. Scary things happen irl
Those "Real Life Stories" in Seventeen did not play around.
6. What guys really want
Signs he wants to be your boyfriend? We're in.
7. What your future had in store
Those horoscopes were always accurate.
8. The latest fashions (and how to rock them)
Butterfly clips, glitter and scrunchies. Need we say more?
9. How to spot a frenemy
And how to deal with friend drama in general.
10. Reading other people's confessions is better than TV
It's a guilty pleasure, okay?
11. Celebs have a lot of secrets
And Tiger Beat revealed them all.
12. How to have fun with your friends
Other than by reading magazines together, of course.
13. The correct lyrics to your favorite songs
"Starbucks lovers" wasn't the first misheard lyric.
14. How to go back to school in style
Because your first day back outfit was everything.
15. Girls rock
End of story.