A few years ago, I largely stopped drinking liquor, but I occasionally make exceptions. Piña coladas during beach vacations are my favorite exception, closely followed by any sort of boozy sweet treat. Last summer’s boozy s’mores milkshakes were at the top of that sweet treat list, until now.
I’m not one to toot my own horn, but I had two separate friends tell me that this was their favorite thing I had made for them. Ever. Keep in mind I don’t pay my friends to say these things, a simple thank you is usually all that I require, so I trust their opinions. And you should too.
- 11 Ounce bag of white chocolate chips
- ½ Cup hazelnut half and half
- 1 Tablespoon Baileys
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11 Ounce bag of semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ Cup chopped hazelnuts
- Place white chocolate chips in medium bowl. Place half and half in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until it just begins to simmer. Pour over white chocolate chips and let sit for five minutes before stirring. Stir until all of the chocolate has melted. Mix in Baileys and vanilla extract. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 3-4 hours.
- The truffles will be quite soft so it is okay to start rolling them if they don’t feel hard after 3 hours. To make it easier to dip them in dark chocolate, roll them into tablespoon-sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 15-30 minutes until firm.
Read the full post here.