Roommates are a big part part of many collegiettes' daily lives. While they don't necessarily define your school life, they do have the potential power to make or break your college experience. Even those fortunate enough to get along really well with their roommates know that eventually, living together means you get on each other's nerves every once in a while. As petty as some fights may be, they're bound to happen.
1. Letting the dishes pile up in the sink until one person is forced to clean up the mess
How about we individually clean the dishes and utensils after we use them to avoid this mess in the first place? Problem solved.
2. Leaving food in the fridge after it expires
Nobody wants to look at or smell their roommate's moldy cheese when they're trying to get a snack.
3. Making little to no effort to buy communal supplies for your apartment/dorm
It doesn't seem like a big deal until you're in the bathroom and realize you're out of toilet paper.
4. Making no effort to take out the trash
Nobody likes an overflowing trash can. Nor do they enjoy being the one person to actually take out the trash.
5. Not taking turns cleaning the bathroom
The chore all roommates dread, but it's not fair to let one person do all the dirty work.
6. That one roommate who leaves passive-aggressive Post-its around the dorm
Not cool. Nobody likes confrontation, but when you're living in close proximity with other people, it's a necessary skill.
7. When your roommate comes home late at night and accidentally wakes you up
Once in a while is all right. Making coming back at 2 a.m. on weeknights a regular thing is not.
8. Eating the last of your Oreos
Don't mess with milk's favorite cookie.
9. When your roommates watch your shared favorite show without you
How dare they not warn you of the new episode before you walk into the room.
10. Fighting to get into the shower before your roommate does
It's a close competition every day.
11. Roommates using your stuff without asking
Anything from body wash to hair ties—is it really that hard to ask?
12. When your roommates ask to eat some of your food after you've already ordered
You offered them pizza before and they said no. Now that the food's here, they want it?
13. Deciding to vacuum the room at odd hours
Who decides to go on a cleaning spree at six in the morning?
14. Your roommate spraying the room with both Febreze and their strongest perfume
You're practically swimming in the smell. The two should never be mixed together.
15. Listening to music with no headphones
Nobody wants to hear you blasting your music at full volume. Remember, not everyone appreciates country music the way you do.