When your life is a nonstop marathon of to-dos and deadlines, free time becomes a thing of the past. No matter how hard you try to make time for dinner with friends—or even an episode of Friends—some assignment or obligation always gets in the way. It’s a serious struggle, and the only people who truly understand are your fellow overworked collegiettes. Here are 15 things we all know.
1. You can’t go on casual dates because you’re hopelessly devoted to your job
Sure, I'll grab coffee. Can you bring it to my office?
2. Your meals are always microwaveable
Boil water? Ain't nobody got time for that.
3. If people want to make plans, they have to tell you at least a week in advance
Let me check my schedule.
4. You’ve never experienced the art of binge-watching
It's sad, really.
5. You’re always carrying around half your wardrobe
Three outfit changes in one day takes some serious planning.
6. Your friends and family don’t understand why you’re so busy all the time
It's hard to explain.
7. You don’t know what happened on any show last night
Oh, I missed that episode…and the next…and the one after that.
8. Lazy days are nonexistent
Maybe when I'm 30.
9. You have no idea how anyone has enough time to keep up with the Kardashians
No, I didn't see what Kendall was wearing—nor do I have time to care.
10. You’ve mastered the art of fast walking
Step aside, I've got places to go and people to see!
11. Your friends complain about being tired when you know they got three times the amount of sleep you did
They have no idea what sleep deprivation is.
12. You take long showers because it’s one of the only times you have to yourself
13. You live in a constant state of FOMO
Please stop having fun without me.
14. You're waiting for the day when you let go of your workaholic ways
15. On the rare occasion when you find some free time, you have absolutely no idea what to do with it