Thinking of creative costumes every year for an entire Halloween weekend is hard enough, but some pet owners manage to impress us with their original costumes for their lovable best friends as well. We all know how hard it is to stand out in a sea of costumes. It takes time and preparation. If you’ve ever managed to whip up an original costume the day before Halloween, we praise you.
Somehow, these dog owners found the time to extend their creativity and use it to not necessarily help them be remembered, but to help their dogs be remembered. These pups managed to catch our attention in everything from adorable superhero outfits to utterly confused identities.
1. Now this is one race all collegiettes should want to watch: Doggy Phelps vs. Michael Phelps.
2. This dog just can’t wait to be king!
3. It’s coloring time in puppy Kindergarten with a canvas and 64 Crayola set.
4. The Catholic school uniform is clichéd and completely overdone, but on this shih-tzu, it’s too cute to resist!
5. Who wants to break the news to this yawning pup that he’s not actually a cow? We don’t have it in our hearts to.
6. With one glove and all, this dog channels his inner Michael Jackson before getting ready to howl “Man in the Mirror.”
7. Be careful, this dynamite is set to go off any at any moment.
8. Maybe when Little Red Riding Hood went to visit her grandmother, it wasn’t actually a wolf. It was this little guy!
9. Be careful what you say around this dog. You don’t want to unleash the green monster and we’re not talking about jealousy.
10. What happens when a dog wants to chase this mailman and then realizes this mailman is actually another dog? Awkward…
11. Why get the iPhone 7 when you can have this amazing combo instead?
12. As delicious as s’mores are, this one’s just too fluffy and perfect!
13. Does someone want to tell him that the '50s are over, and, well, he’s not a poodle?
14. Puppies are the latest trend in cleaning supplies. Maybe this will help colleges change their rules to allow these cuddly pups in dorms!
15. Who’s your favorite Spiderman – Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield or this heroic Yorkie?
16. This shaggy ball of fur doesn’t wait for frat parties, baseball games or Thirsty Thursdays.
17. Hungry? This little guy can hook you up!
18. Bruce Wayne was covering Batman’s true identity: this gorgeous golden retriever.
19. Forget Batman. Wonder Woman to the rescue!
20. Collegiettes, this pup is ready to join you at the gym. I’m sure your instructor won’t mind.
Which doggie was your favorite? Tell us in the comments below!