This year, we’ve partnered with Kohl’s to help us kick off the back to school season – in style! Enjoy these tips and check out this outfit I picked out from the Kohls womens and Kohls Junior Apparel page on Kohls.com. In line with this fall’s best trends, I picked out cream Converse sneakers, Levi’s Jeggings, a Flannel/sweater combo and this super cute polka dot backpack.
Every year on December 31st, many of us set New Year’s Resolutions, vowing to make this year our best one yet. As we kick off the 2016-2017 school year and head back to classes, roommates, RAs and TAs, I encourage us to think of this, too, as a brand new year and set up some School Year Resolutions! Setting School Year Resolutions for yourself will help you break bad habits, make new good ones, and will make sure that you have your best school year yet and can achieve all of those #BigPlans I know you have in store for yourself.
Habits to break:
- Procrastinating and putting off assignments
- Pulling all nighters/cramming for exams/cranking out a paper the night before it’s due
- Skimming the syllabus instead of really diving in to understand what the semester is going to look like for you
- Closing off your social circle and not being open to new friendships
- Feeling self conscious about the way that you look
- Feeling unsure about your personal style
- Wearing things that don’t make you feel comfortable!
New habits to establish:
- Kindness towards classmates, professors, school staff and administrators
- Gratitude towards your parents, your friends, and your professors
- Attending office hours! Office hours are not just for struggling students! These one-on-one meetings with your highly esteemed professors are the perfect way to build a relationship and become a memorable student – very helpful when exam time or the need for a recommendation come around
- Making an effort to make new friends (yes even beyond freshman orientation week!)
- Self confidence in your body, your abilities and all of those wonderful things that make you YOU!
- Embracing (and ROCKING) your own personal style! One of my favorite things about fall is the re-emergence of the classic denim, sneakers, and mix-and-match basics. This fall I’m crushing on these new Converse sneakers, these super soft Levi’s Jeggings and this cute sweater with the peekaboo flannel accent! So cute and SO comfy!
So go ahead, set your own personal School Year Resolutions and have your best year yet!
P.S. If you like any of the items I’m rocking in these pics, you can find them and more from brands like Mudd, Candies, and SO when you Shop Kohl’s Back to School.