You had a lot of big plans for this summer: finally get that perfect tan, catch up on some reading, take a road trip with your best friends, make some extra spending money at your summer job and maybe, just MAYBE, have that fairy-tale summer fling you’ve always dreamed of.
Unfortunately, you probably got home for the summer and realized that you left all of that dateable eye candy back at school, leaving you to spend a summer full of way too many solo froyo trips and movie dates with your mom. Don’t worry, collegiettes – you’re not alone! Here are 19 thoughts we’ve all had during a summer dry spell.
1. I don’t need a guy. I’m totally fine being single and free this summer!
2. Just kidding, I need a guy – ANY GUY – to come cure my summer boredom.
3. Where do people even meet guys when they’re not in college? The mall? The beach? Is there some kind of website where I can buy a summer fling?
4. Oh well—at least my friends are single, too. We’re all in this together! At least, that’s what I thought…
5. Sandy and Danny fell in love at the beach and I can’t even get a guy to rub sunscreen on my back. Sunburn, here I come.
6. Wow, I’m actually getting really tan! Too bad no one is going to get to appreciate my tan lines…
7. If I watch one more rom-com by myself, I WILL lose it. Seriously, who’s going to comfort me after an emotional re-watching of The Notebook?
8. Wow, that lifeguard is pretty cute. Maybe I should pretend to drown so he’ll give me CPR?
9. Maybe I’ll meet up with this guy I met on Tinder. It’s not THAT big of a deal that he uses “ur” instead of “you’re” … right?
10. I can’t even remember the last time I kissed a boy. What if I forgot how to kiss?!
11. You know what? I’ve got this. I have a whole season of The Vampire Diaries on Netflix to keep me occupied. I don’t need a guy to entertain me!
12. Whoops, I finished an entire season in two days. Let the manhunt continue.
13. I need to cuddle with someone. ANYONE.