Life after college: whether you've been dreaming about or dreading it, it's most likely not what you expected. It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time. But for those of us who either chose to or got stuck moving back home after college, being back in your old stomping grounds of your bedroom that 12-year-old you decorated, brings all new struggles of its own. Here is what every postgrad goes through after moving back home.
1. Living under your parents' rules again.
2. Having to answer the question, “So what are you doing with your life,” basically every 15 minutes.
3. Actually trying to figure out what you are doing with your life.
4. Student loans… never. ending. student. loans.
5. No longer being a five-minute walk from all your friends.
6. No longer being a five-minute walk from all the bars.
7. Not being able to sleep in until 2 p.m. without being judged.
8. Working a lame/tedious/horrible part-time job to save up money.
9. Having to make your bed (which you probably haven’t done in ages) or risk being yelled at for being a slob.
10. The perks of free food and laundry slowly losing their appeal… or worse, no longer being free because mom and dad are making you pay rent.
11. Saying goodbye to the best four years of your life and hello to the great unknown of what comes next.